Indian women simply love to adorn themselves in a saree. The graceful six yards, crafted and designed beautifully, highlight the curvy figures and add to the glamour and oomph factor. Be it a size-zero or a plus-size, a saree can handle all. But while we all imagine ourselves as celebrities wearing and carrying a saree in style, a wrong choice of fabric, color, and detailing can make things go seriously wrong.
Here are a few helpful tips for plus-size women stepping out to shop for designer sarees Chandigarh:
• Light Weight Fabrics: ladies who already carry some extra body weight should avoid sarees made out of heavy-weight fabrics like silk. Instead, go in for chiffons, tussar silk, and organza or Kota kinds of cotton. Crafted out of lightweight natural fabrics, these pieces add a crisp look and make you feel elegant and attractive.
• Darker Shades: While lighter shades add to the nude look, the darker colors help you conceal extra weight and curves. So go in for darker tones if you are slightly overweight.
• Design and Crafting: When shopping for sarees Chandigarh, make sure you closely consider its border detailing. Heavy women should avoid broad borders as they make you look shorter and heavier. Overall sarees with beautiful prints can work wonders if choosing one for a formal occasion.
• Draping Style: Make sure you tie the saree tightly and neatly with no loose ends. Plus-size women should consider putting lesser pleats as they add to the volume and make you look heavier.
• Blouse and Petticoat Styles: Just as the designing and crafting of the saree are important, the blouse and petticoat styles too are equally responsible for that gorgeous end-result. Plus-size women should avoid sleeveless blouse styles. Also, go in for broad elastic petticoats as they act as excellent tummy tuckers and helps hold the bulge.
Carrying off a saree in style is an art. No matter how much you weigh on the weighing scale, a saree that is judiciously picked and worn is bound to make heads turn. At Anand Design Studio, we are the leading fashion designers Chandigarh. Driven by a serious passion to create breathtaking pieces, we are amongst the best designer boutiques India. Get in touch with customized sarees, suits, western gowns and attires and let your style do the talking!